Wednesday 5 October 2011

A funny thing happened to me on the way to creating a solar system.

A long time ago, in a different world than the one I was living in, I created this solar system.

Then someone came along and told me I was wrong.

Can an imagination be wrong?  Can a solar system filled with intriguing people, unique attributes and love and heartache really be wrong?

No. But I didn't know that back then. I set my solar system aside, and went on with my life.

It called me back. And I realized I had people who cried out to me. They had stories, they had legends, physical strengths and weaknesses, abilities we humans could only dream of. They had a home. And it wasn't wrong and it was wrong to call it such.

So The Twin Planets Series was reborn. My first heroine, Shah-een spoke out, told me to include her first, put her back into the life she had before. And Lutus, my hero, wanted a woman like Shah-een, even risking his clan to truly love her. While Shah-een risked her life to save him. Because she has this one unique ability.

She can travel by thought and light energy, which her people call Shimmering. Only one problem. It will eventually kill her.

No comments:

Post a Comment